track record in working with schools
I am first and foremost a teacher and have been supporting schools in the field of ICT for over 15 years. This has been firstly as a Headteacher of a school that was awarded Beacon Status for ICT from OfSTED and secondly by working as an ICT Mentor for Hillingdon Grid.
- For 20 years I was head of Newnham Junior School in Eastcote, Middx.
- Newnham was awarded Beacon Status for ICT after two successful OfSTED inspections.
- I have worked for Hillingdon Grid for Learning for four years and have helped install stable IT sytems in over 50 primary schools.
- I have helped schools to completely overhaul their ICT infrastructure, this has included:
- commissioning new and/or reconditioned computers for schools;
- redeveloping ICT rooms - please see the section on 'ICT Projects' for more detail;
- I am a teacher and look at ICT from a teachers perspective. However I have considerable experience in setting up stable and cost effective ICT installations in many primary schools.
- I have developed a bespoke IT system for primary schools. The computers and the programs are designed to be used by primary aged children. For instance toolbars and fonts that are specific for primary schools have been developed for all the Microsoft Office programs - Word, Power Point and Excel - no more Times Roman point 10!
- I would be happy to come and demonstrate the system to you on a laptop computer and I can guarantee that after 15 minutes you will understand how the system will run in your school.
- Dave Kidner
ICYT Solutions - offers support for the curriculum and for the technical side of computers and their installation.